Stone Stain Remover
TeClean Stain Remover is a poultice powder contains stone-safe surfactants and diatomaceous earth to remove stains on stone.
This product uses a stain process reversal technique to draw the stain out of the stone in the same way that the stain got into the stone, but in the opposite direction.
TeClean is designed to remove stains of various kinds. Some of these include:
- Salad Dressing
In addition to the variety of stains that TeClean draws out. This product also works on a variety of materials; all being natural stone. These stone types are as follows:
- Sanded Grout
- Wall Stone
Directions for Use:
- Scoop out the necessary amount of the powder.
- Mix with distilled water* until the mixture is the consistency of toothpaste.
- Spread the paste over the stained area of the stone.
- Cover the paste with plastic wrap.
- Tape down the outside edges of the plastic wrap.
- Using a toothpick, poke several holes in the plastic wrap.
- Allow the poultice to work on the stone and the stain.
- In 24-48 hours and after the paste has dried, remove the poultice from the stone's surface.
- Using a cleaner formulated for natural stone, clean the area and dry thoroughly.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
*Using distilled water for your poultice is especially a good idea when working on
calcareous stone surfaces because acidic liquids can damage the calcite in the stone if left on the surface for an extended period of time. Since the poultice requires the liquid and the working time, using water that is acidic could end up "etching" the stone right where the stain was removed.